Monday, September 1, 2014

What I responded . . .

      On my last post, I wrote about a client who emailed me asking for ENCOURAGEMENT because she was DROWNING! She would follow the weight loss protocol well untill 10am and then after 10, have no self control. I know she gets up at 4am to care for an ailing husband. 

I deleted the very first part of the email because you'd have to be a Phase 1 dieter with my protocol to understand. Yet the rest of the email applies to any of us that are in the process of living. . . the process of healing.

"Encouragement? You bet. . .First I'd get two books. The Healing Codes by Dr. Alex Lloyd which Amazon sells and Because Its Your Life by Dr. Tran Chanh, founder of Ideal Protein, which I sell. Both are amazing books that I read yearly. And practice their advice/techniques.

There are many stessors and triggers in your life. Your husband, your life up North. Your life here. I only know a tad bit about the details but I know you are taking care of everyone but yourself. Usually we eat/gain weight when we are unhappy and stress. Not often do we over eat when we are in times of peace.

What happens at 10am? What happened in the past at 10am? Has something in your past occurred at 10am that made/makes you sad? Mad? Stressed? 

I usually have dieters take quiet time during the day/night with pen and paper and ask themselves in solitude:

WHEN did I start gaining weight and losing my health? When and where did it originate? What and when were the faint beginnings of me losing my health to weight gain and food addiction? 

Write the answers....just write. 

Food addicts have to learn and give themselves permission to control their urges....just as a smoker, drug addict or sex addict. We have to identify the long ago factors and situations where we buried the hurt and never allowed it to surface. Let it be felt and then give ourselves permission to heal, forgive ourselves, release the pain and allow an emotional scab to form. The Process of healing takes time. IF we have experienced some hurt/pain/death/trauma/tragedy and refuse to allow healing to that woman in the mirror, then it ebbs and flows with a life force of its own. Refuses to stay buried for long and makes itself known thru unhealthy urges, choices and cravings. Getting your appetite calmed down will help tremendously but you gotta do that by eliminating for a short season, carbs & sugars. Carbs & sugars create appetite surges and crashes requiring us to take in more carbs & sugars. 

 Okay my dear...let me know what you think..and when you want to pick up your products!!  Hugs! Suess"

Trying to be better and make good choices is not limited to weight loss. I made my advice to her unique and personal. Yet it applies to many. I know what I want when I am struggling: a listening ear, a strong hand to hang onto and solid advice that works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment. I realize you are busy. I appreciate it. cheers! suess