Friday, October 3, 2014

She needed a HERO, so that's what she became






She needed a HERO, so that's what she became!


I read the above quote on social media.
Stopped.
Stared.
Let salty tears fall. 
Wiped tears, sat back deeply into brown leather and closed my eyes.

A hero?
A HERO?
A HERO?

Do I need a hero?                Yes, I think I do. 
YES! I screamed raw and hoarse in the hallows of my mind.

YET:
Have I ever considered becoming that HERO? 
Becoming that HERO to me?

hum....

silence. 

stillness. 

deafening quiet surrounded my thoughts.

the resounding answer echoed, hit the corners of my mind
fell
shattering my composure.


I had NOT considered becoming my own hero
Not until today.
Today.


Look at the woman in the mirror and declare to her:

YOU are my hero. 
YOU are my hero.
You ARE MY hero.

Deep breaths.
Slow, cleansing, relaxing and renewing breaths.

Tears fell - still
Smile broke - fresh
Eyes glisten - hope

My baby steps today. 
My baby hero steps begin.
Becoming that which I need. 

Tomorrow I will step once more until one day, I walk straight into my very own hero. 

I walk straight into 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment. I realize you are busy. I appreciate it. cheers! suess